Along with supporting all mobile platforms, WhatsApp has a web-based client, so you can finally use it on your PC and sync with your phone.
“Our web client is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device — this means all of your messages still live on your phone,” stated by WhatsApp.
- Open http://web.whatsapp.com on your computer.
- When prompted with a QR code, use the QR scanner within WhatsApp to scan the QR code.
- To do so, tap “settings” on the bottom right side of your WhatsApp app, then tap “WhatsApp Web/Desktop”, this will open a QR scanner to scan the QR code.
- Scan the QR code from the computer using QR scanner on your WhatsApp app.
- Now you can see the WhatsApp has been opened on your computer.
How to log out?
If you believe someone has scanned your QR code and has access to your account via WhatsApp Web.
If you are unable to scan the QR code, ensure that the main camera on your phone is functioning properly. If the camera is not able to auto-focus, blurry or is broken, you may not be able to scan the barcode. Currently, there is no other way of logging into it on your desktop.